About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie. I am a special needs teacher, a best friend, Jesus loving, southern girl. I have been threw many ups and downs. Throughout my journey I have learned that there is nothing God can't do. I'm learning to count my blessings and stay strong during every challenge and storm that comes my way. In the end; life's a dance, you learn as you go.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reflecting

It has definitely been an interesting couple of weeks for me. I have been presented with many different challenges and at times I have reached my end. Or thought I reached my end. I have been trying to learn how to be content with myself. I'm trying to learn how to relax and embrace free time. This is a learning experience. I'm not going to say that I am content with my life right now but I am trying so hard to put all of my love and focus into my relationship with God. I know that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. I must admit losing a mother a year and a half ago and a best friend is a little overwhelming. I thought my life was planned out and things were going to start looking up. I don't know what to do sometimes. It's hard hanging out with people when they are all couples. I do think God has given me time for reflection and he is helping me realize what kind of people I want in my life in the future. I just pray that I can throw myself into God. That I can be content with the ups and downs of life and that I can truly discover myself during this time. I pray that this summer will be a fun summer. To be honest I have been dreading all of the down time in summer and this will be my only time for a break. I pray that I find hobbies or household projects to work on this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Home improvements fill up tons of time sugar. Believe me, I know!!

    Love you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete