It seems like every time I get on here, it's late at night and I can't sleep. To much thinking before bedtime can be good or bad. First off I'm addicted to a website called pinterest.com!! Seriously, I've gotten SO many ideas from this site. Ideas for bday presents, wedding ideas (no I'm not engaged), cooking ideas, teacher gifts, house decorating ideas....the list goes on and on. It is the neatest site. I'm making a notebook tomorrow and dividing it in different sections. I'm going to put pics from this site and info about each pic in the notebook. I figure on a rainy day or when summer comes around I can pull out my notebook and try new things. The second thing on my mind is my brother. Tomorrow is his 21st birthday. I can't believe it. I was laying here thinking of all of the past birthday parties we had. Since we are both October babies, we had a lot of joint parties at my parents house or the skating rink. I got mad one time because we both have "M" names and Michael would get excited and open my presents thinking they were his. His parties were always sports themed and there was always an abundance of pizza. He was 100% BOY! He used to ask my mom to take me to the store and have me pick out outfits for him for his birthday or Christmas. Now that she isn't here, I try so hard to give him nice gifts. I know that gifts don't mean a lot but he hasn't had a mom since he was 19 and sometimes I feel bad because I got more time than he did. I bought him a small ice cream cake today (his favorite) and a Guy Harvey shirt. I know it isn't much but I know he will appreciate it. Some days I wish I could turn back time. I would go back to the days where we lived across the hall from each other. Days where he pushed every button I had. Days where I would slam the door and yell keep out of my room. Nights where he would come into my room and tell me about his day and everything going on in high school. Nights where I would help him with his homework or just sit and talk. My prayer is that Michael has a wonderful birthday. I hope he has fun (not too much)!! I hope his every wish comes true and pray that he knows he is very loved. So here is to late night blogging. Maybe all of these thoughts written down will help me sleep a little better.


No comments:
Post a Comment