About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie. I am a special needs teacher, a best friend, Jesus loving, southern girl. I have been threw many ups and downs. Throughout my journey I have learned that there is nothing God can't do. I'm learning to count my blessings and stay strong during every challenge and storm that comes my way. In the end; life's a dance, you learn as you go.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Weddings

Today was a different kind of day. Like every other Sunday I woke up and went to church then ate lunch. However, the Nifong family (and myself) had a wedding to attend. I've never been to a wedding on a Sunday. The girl getting married is from a missionary family. A family that is VERY close with the Nifong's. I wasn't sure what to expect since some of the siblings lived in Africa, some in NC and others were in Canada. How do you even pull off a wedding with the party so scattered?!  I must say I was skeptical but this was one of the neatest weddings I have ever been to. It was held in Thomasville in a building across from the big chair. I've been there before for other wedding receptions-but never a wedding and reception.  We walked upstairs and all of the guest were sitting in a circle.  The bridesmaid and groomsmen came out then all of the nieces and nephews came out. They made a circle and sat with their parents. Let me just say they were cute as buttons. All of the little girls were wearing different white dresses and the boys matched in old time attire. The bride and groom came out and everyone stood. Then they held time for two worships songs. Afterwards everyone went downstairs for cheese and crackers while the wedding party took pictures. When the bride and groom came back every table was escorted to a waffle and pancake bar (with every topping you could imagine). The drink bar was my favorite. You could pick from milk, chocolate milk, water, cranberry juice or orange juice. After we ate every guest had a clear container and filled it with assorted candy from a candy bar. Each candy dish had a family members name and it contained their favorite candy. If you look below you will see some more highlights from today. What a neat wedding. I pray that God blesses their marriage!!


This tree was drawn by hand. The bride and groom's initials are in the middle. Each guest stamped their finger and made a leaf. Beside the leaf the guest wrote their name. This took place of a guest book!!

This is how the bride and groom's pictures were presented. The left ladder has symbols that represent the groom. The right side represents the bride. All of the pictures in the middle are baby pictures-present of both of their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment