About Me

My photo
My name is Melanie. I am a special needs teacher, a best friend, Jesus loving, southern girl. I have been threw many ups and downs. Throughout my journey I have learned that there is nothing God can't do. I'm learning to count my blessings and stay strong during every challenge and storm that comes my way. In the end; life's a dance, you learn as you go.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Bliss

     This weekend has been full of exciting activities. Friday night Stephen went to a truck pull with some friends and I opted to join my bestie on her couch with a movie and snacks. I love Stephen but I do not love truck pulls. They just aren't my thing. However, he understands this and I think he enjoys guy time knowing that I'm having girl time. :)


     Saturday, we loaded up and headed to the lake for a bridal shower. My friend Lauren from work has met her soul mate. It's obvious she is head over heels in love. One day she was sitting on the couch with her now husband and he said something along the lines of "hey do you wanna go get married." Naturally, she said yes. A week of secret planning goes by and Lauren is hitched. She was the buzz of facebook for a bit. If you know Lauren you know that she is in love. She is happy, care-free and for lack of better terms she is glowing. I was so happy they had a shower for her. The food was amazing, the company was great and Lauren had a good time. Sometimes I wish I could just run off and get married, it seems so easy. I know my time will come one day.
Selina, Aleisha, Me, Lauren, Bern and Melissa

     All of those fun activities lead up to today: Sunday. I must say I am a big fan of Sunday's. Not only am I going to the Lord's house to worship, I get to spend an entire day with my love. I don't know about you but if I miss church on a Sunday my week feels...off! The next week feels like it drags on for years and years. I really enjoyed our Pastor's sermon today too!  It was all about worry-and why you shouldn't worry. In the end he summed up the sermon to "Don't worry about anything, pray about EVERYTHING." I loved this sermon because I have been so caught up in wanting to buy a house that I am losing sleep. Last night I went to bed and my mind was boggled with questions, thoughts and concerns. As I laid there I remember Pastor saying "I don't worry about anything especially at night time. My God controls everything and I like sleep." So I prayed for a open door and for God to lead me to the right house and rolled over. Within minutes I was out like a baby.

      I love being out for summer. I pray that I can give my worries to God and relax and enjoy these next 18 days before I go back to school. My goal is to pray about everything, give it to God and let him have my worries. I hope everyone has a great week. I know I'm going to!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment